In April 2015, and following many years of consultation with local residents, East Hampshire District Council approved plans to transform one of the largest towns in Hampshire, Whitehill & Bordon.
Plans for the scheme were submitted by the Defence Infrastructure Organisation – the property arm of the Ministry of Defence. The development of this former garrison town will be carried out as a joint venture between regeneration specialists Dorchester Living and one of the UK’s largest housebuilders, Taylor Wimpey UK. We will be working together to create a better place to live, work, and enjoy life.
The 20 year contract will completely transform the area creating a new high quality destination with lots to offer for everyone. The 200 hectare regeneration will create:
- 2,400 new sustainable homes for private sale, affordable housing, social rent and shared ownership
- 3,000 new jobs
- A new high quality town centre – new shops, offices, cafes, restaurants, a food store, a new six lane swimming pool in a new leisure centre, a new school and sports pitches
- Conversion of the Hogmoor Inclosure – a 54 hectare area - into a fantastic green space for the community, with car parks, footpaths and cycle routes – Whitehill and Bordon will have the third largest SANG (Suitable Alternative Natural Greenspace) in the country
- A new secondary school and expanded primary school
- A new health centre and GP surgery
- Extensive areas of public open space and new play areas
- New allotment space
- The southern section of the new relief road, an alternative through route to the A325
- A new network of footpaths and cycleways
- An arts and cultural centre